YoungWonks students recently won 2 out of 4 top prizes in the Computer Science middle school category at the Synopsys Alameda County Science and Engineering Fair (ACSEF). That’s more top-prizes in that category than any Private School or any Public School District in the County. YoungWonks students also won 1st and 2nd prize at the recently conducted California RoboRave robotics competition.
YoungWonks is a top Computer Programming (coding) and Engineering Program for kids and teens in the San Francisco Bay Area. YoungWonks computer programming and engineering classes are attended by students living in all corners of the Bay Area and from schools all over the Bay Area. YoungWonks students include students from East Bay, Tri Valley, South Bay, Peninsula, North Bay and Central Valley. Children from cities all over the Bay Area including San Ramon, Danville, Pleasanton, Dublin, Livermore, Fremont, Union City, Milpitas, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Alameda, Castro Valley, Walnut Creek, Union City, Hayward, San Leandro, Berkeley, Oakland, San Mateo, Daly City, Tracy and Stockton have attended or are attending classes at YoungWonks. Many students travel more than 40 miles each way to attend a weekly class.
YoungWonks Programs following salient features make it incredibly attractive for attendees:
- The program is structured in levels and steps with initial levels focused on building storing foundational computer science fundamentals.
- Children love games and are always keen to build their own games. Games are an incredible way to teach many computer science concepts and programming skills. Game Development is an important part of the YoungWonks curriculum.
- YoungWonks has been a pioneer in the use of latest non-traditional teaching methodologies such as self paced inquiry based learning, flipped classroom and blended-learning.
- YoungWonks open classroom policy allows any parent to watch the class at any time and observe the instruction. If parents choose they may also sit with their children during the class.
- Most of the material will be taught by completing projects individually and in small teams.
YoungWonks is a children's education division of WONKSKNOW LLC.
With our YoungWonks program we want to level the playing field by allowing any kid to get world-class introduction to electronics and computer science and give them the ability to unleash their creativity by creating new programs and electronic devices from off the shelf electronics hardware.
Click to view our talented instructor's profile >> Instructors
Our teaching facility is located at:
6920 Koll Center Parkway
Pleasanton, CA 94566
PH : 1-855-9665756
FAX : 1-925-401-7372
Allow us to answer your questions :
YoungWonks believes that good teaching needs individual attention and the program is offered with great student to teacher ratio of 4:1